We are not going to beat around the bush, because we know that you are not afraid to admit it: Vacuuming is a chore that most of us detest doing. But maybe the reason why you hate vacuuming so much is because you’re not doing it the easy way. The easiest way would be to hire a professional cleaning company, but if you don’t want to hire a cleaning service to do it for you, here are some helpful tips to keep your carpet looking clean and fresh!
- Once is not always enough.
- In order to pull up all the dirt and dust that is trapped in carpet fibers, it usually requires more than just one pass with a vacuum. The best technique to clean your carpets is to vacuum over the area several times, going over the area at different angles.
- Create a schedule.
- When cleaning your own home, vacuuming once a week is usually sufficient to keep your carpet clean. High-traffic areas, such as around the front doors and entry ways, may need to be cleaned twice a week. Creating a regular schedule can help you to keep your home looking fresh and clean for your family and your guests.
- Change the bag.
- Regular vacuuming will keep your floor clean, but it does mean that your vacuum will be holding all of the dirt inside it. If your vacuuming canister is full, that means that your vacuum isn’t suctioning with its full power. Whether your vacuum has a canister or a bag that needs to be emptied regularly, make sure that you are aware of how often your vacuum needs to be changed.
- Treat spots properly.
- Some people make the mistake of thinking that vacuuming is a replacement for treating spots on carpets. If you notice that your carpet does have a spot or a potential stain, use a carpet treatment spray before you vacuum. Instead of helping, vacuuming a stain can actually have the opposite affect and deteriorate the quality of your carpet.
- Move furniture.
- While it may not be possible to move your furniture every time you are vacuuming, you should still try cleaning under your furniture occasionally. Vacuuming under your furniture can keep your carpet looking fresh, and can prevent allergens from becoming trapped deep in your carpet fibers.
- Dust first.
- When you are vacuuming, before you begin, it is a good idea to dust your blinds, baseboards, and furniture. When you dust your home, you will disturb the dust particles, which will settle at the lowest point: the floor. By doing this before you vacuum, you will be able to remove more dust and dirt than you would get by just traditionally vacuuming after dusting.
- Deep-clean occasionally.
- Even regular vacuuming can leave behind dirt and dust that is buried deep in floors. By giving your carpet a professional deep-clean from a floor-cleaning service, you can loosen and eliminate the dirt that builds up in the carpet fibers. This is another reason that makes a professional deep carpet cleaning by Executive Clean beneficial for your home. Let us make vacuuming your carpet easier than ever before!
We hope you enjoyed these tips, and that they will help you with your next vacuuming. If you ever feel that your carpet is beyond a little vacuum TLC, don’t forget to contact Executive Clean for all of your deep-cleaning needs!