Keeping up with regular cleaning is a great way to help keep an office clean. Regularly dusting surfaces, vacuuming floors, and replacing light bulbs are all key steps in keeping your office looking great.
A clean office not only benefits customers and clients, but employees appreciate a tidy work environment. What does it take to clean an office? A lot more than you may think!
We’ll list the common areas and activities that go into a sparkling-clean office.
Office Cleaning Checklist
A clean, well-organized office is an indicator of professionalism and can provide a boost in overall employee productivity. A tidy work environment is more attractive to clients and makes it easier for employees to do their jobs.
Day-to-day commercial office cleaning services include:
- Floor and carpet cleaning
- Window and surface cleaning
- Deep cleaning
- Parking lot sweep
- Cleaning of restroom facilities
- Cleaning of the lobby, offices, and other areas
When using a cleaning service, a regular schedule will help keep your office and commercial space looking its best every day. Deeper cleans can happen at night or after business hours.
Cleaning a Commercial Office – General Checklist
When it comes to cleaning a commercial office, cleanliness is one of the most important things. Scheduled cleaning daily, weekly, and monthly will keep offices and other spaces clean and sanitized.
Daily Office Cleaning Checklist:
- Remove soiled trash bins and replace them with new ones
- Vacuum rugs, carpet, upholstery, and welcome mats
- Dust hard surfaces in the office area (desktops, windowsills)
- Clean and disinfect paper towel dispensers, restroom sink, toilet bowl, and urinal
- Clean and disinfect the sink
- Clean any spills on the floor
- Empty all trash receptacles
- Wipe door handles
- Refill toiletries such as paper towels, toilet paper, and hand soap
- Mop the hard floors with disinfectant cleaners
- Clean your coffee pot and discard old coffee grinds
- Mop kitchen floors
- Wipe all exterior of any kitchen appliances (kettle, toaster, etc.)
- Use a standard glass cleaner to wipe down all glass areas
- Sanitize all toilets, doors, and fixtures in the washroom
- Dust HVAC vents
Weekly Office Cleaning Checklist:
- Replace any burnt-out light bulbs
- Dust all furniture
- Damp-wipe all hard surfaces with a mild disinfectant
- Wipe down shelves inside cabinets
- Remove cobwebs from ceiling corners and walls
- Mop the floors with a disinfectant solution to kill germs and bacteria
- Empty trash bins
- Wipe skirting boards and painted surfaces such as cupboard doors
- Clean all exterior and interior of microwave oven (if applicable)
- Clean out the refrigerator of old food
- Discard paper towels and trash not in the recycle bin
Monthly Office Cleaning Checklist:
- Wash all curtains & drapes
- Polish all furniture and hardwood surfaces
- Remove and replace broken or cracked light fixtures
- Deep clean floor drains
- Vacuum vents
- Check and make sure all hand dryers are working
Cleaning a Commercial Office
Depending on the office space, there may be conference rooms, office and cube spaces, and break rooms. Each area may have a specific cleaning checklist.
In a commercial business, conference rooms are used by multiple people. Food and beverages may be brought in, so it is important to keep carpets and surfaces free of any food waste or debris that may have been left after a meeting. Areas to clean include:
- Conference room tables, chairs
- Vacuuming rugs and carpets
- Dusting and wiping down surfaces
Breakrooms, Kitchens, and Lobbies
Keeping the office break room clean and sanitized is vitally important. People eat and prepare foods in break rooms, so it’s important to make sure these rooms are clean to prevent germs and bacteria from spreading. We clean and sanitize:
- Sinks and counters, faucets, taps, and handles using a disinfectant.
- Floors and carpets.
- Walls and other surfaces.
- And also sanitize and clean microwaves, refrigerators, coffee, and other beverage makers.
Restrooms will require regular cleaning because they get dirty quickly when many people use them throughout the day.
- Clean the sink, faucet, and countertop.
- Clean the mirrors, including the inside and outside the frame.
- Scrub toilets.
- Use a disinfectant to clean the toilet seat and floor around the toilet.
- Vacuum, sweep floors, or mop floors.
- Wipe down the walls and baseboard with a damp cloth.
- Remove trash and replace the liner.
- Disinfect door handles, light switches, and other hard surfaces with a disinfecting wipe or spray
If your office is a high-traffic business, professional day porter services offer restroom management, minor repair services, and general cleaning throughout the day.
Day porters can be trained in the specifics of your business and can even answer questions or provide general customer service.
Take Out the Trash
Take out the trash and recycle and properly dispose of it. Be sure to clean the receptacle before replacing it with a liner.
Vacuum, Dust, and Wipe Up Spills
Once you’ve dusted, vacuum and wipe up any spills. Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe up spills; this will help prevent dust from falling back onto the floor. Check for any stains on carpets and rugs. Use the appropriate stain removal method for carpet and upholstery stains.
Clean High Touch Surfaces
High-touch surfaces are areas that are touched frequently, like desks, phones, doorknobs, or countertops. These surfaces should be cleaned daily with disinfectant wipes or spray.
About surfaces, these are cleaned regularly with EPA-approved disinfectants. Businesses should schedule cleanings based on traffic and other factors. Contact us for more information or to schedule a Covid Cleaning Service Quote.
What to Expect from Executive Cleaning Services
At Executive Cleaning Services, we provide your business with impeccable cleaning services performed by a professional and efficient crew. We have established a series of steps, so we can give you the best service every day.
- Team introduction
- Facility tour
- Create a list of services
- Schedule and plan
- Request monthly feedback
We service these commercial and educational areas:
· Arenas, Convention Centers
Executive Cleaning Services is available throughout the US, with over 10,000 facilities serviced daily. Call us today for a quote.