Summer is here, which means tons of fun in the sun,, but fun-packed days can make it difficult to keep your house clean. With all the kids out of school and spending time either playing at home or enjoying the outdoors, summers don’t come out as the most organized season and there is bound to be an abundance of messes. Wet swimsuits, greasy sunscreen, and muddy shoes all have a way of tracking dirt and scum into your house, leaving behind a layer of grime, stains, and stress! But no one wants to just pack up for the North Pole and leave the sunshine behind. Instead, here are a few tips to keep your home a little less of a summer mess!
- Popsicle Protection!
- Who doesn’t love a cold popsicle on a hot summer day? We do! But we DON’T like having to clean up the sticky residue left all over the floor. While you could always follow your kids around with a warm washcloth, or banish all cold treats to the great outdoors, there are some simpler solutions. Use a cupcake liner as a spill catcher by simply sticking the bottom of the stick straight through the middle of the paper. Voila, you now have Popsicle peace of mind!
- Sandy Car Seats? No thank you!
- While going to the beach means that your car will most likely be full of gritty sand, you can do all you can to prevent the hours of vacuuming afterwards. Line your floor and truck with extra-long plastic trash bags, bring a small shoeshine brush to get all excess sand off your feet, and maybe lay out a towel directly on your car seats if you’re worried about any rogue sand.
- Grill Spill Chill!
- Some of the most loved smells of summer are the grilling of hot dogs, burgers, and corn on the cob. That sizzle of the grill means that a delicious barbeque meal is just a few moments away, but it can also mean that you’re going to have a great, black, burnt mess waiting for you at the end of the night. Investing in a grill mat can keep most of these spills at bay and help you preserve those tale-tell grill marks on your hotdogs. If you want a more disposable option, aluminum foil is a great alternative that you can just rip off and throw away.
- Swimming Gear? Have no fear!
- Swimming is a great way to cool down at the end of a hot summer day, but can leave a mess behind. A towel might be the best way to get dry and warm after a fun day in the pool, but when left in a crumpled pile on the floor with a swimsuit, it can leave a slightly musty and maybe even moldy smell behind. Set up a clothesline, or dedicate a towel rack to keeping all of your swimming apparel dry, and extend the overall life of your swimwear.
This summer, put the focus on having fun, and leave the heavy duty cleaning to your local cleaning service, Executive Clean. Executive Clean prides itself on its dedication to excellence and making sure all of our clients’ needs are met and exceeded. We hope you enjoyed these summer tips! Happy swimming!